Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dishonest Journalism

I guesss I am one of those who still expects journalists to be intelectualy honest, and I am still suprised when they fail. Is honesty and integrity something we no longer respect? What is it that makes a journalist think that we will not scrutinize his or her writings for intelectual dishonesty. I am not interested in his opinions unless clearly stated as opinions not fact. Some of it may have to do with who we keep company with. If most of our associates hold certain opinions perhaps we conclude that opinions are reality; but that is sloppy journalism at best. I would like to see more newspapers use ombudsman with real power and use that power to demand honesty and integrity from journalists; but some of the cynics tell me I am expecting to much. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment